Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jenny Meyer, blogger

Name: Jenny Meyer

First clue you wanted to be a writer; summarize the situation: I wouldn’t say that I’m a writer. I happened to discover the world of blogging. Now, it started out with posting pictures for family and friends, but later turned into an outlet for providing hope and joy in the lives of those who know me. I simply was finding my purpose in life and a purpose in battling terminal cancer.

Earliest remembered writing and publishing experience: Your [Mrs. Love’s] class as a sophomore. The Bonner County History project and the story of my amazing grandfather.

What part of your education helped you most on your path to writing? I would have to say that I learned a lot in your class. In anything you want to accomplish in life, you must have the basic fundamentals in order to build on them in the future. You can’t become good at anything you do unless you have the basics mastered.

Who influenced you most along your way and how? You [Mrs. Love] were definitely a powerful influence in the early years and have continued to foster my confidence as a blogger. Other people have started to notice what I am capable of and push me to continue to spread the word of hope and faith through my writing. This includes family, friends, and complete strangers.

Most satisfying piece(s) you’ve ever written----its audience: I have to say that my blog is something I’m very proud of…especially when I hear that what I write about has a profound impact on someone’s life.

Your publications or venues for writing: www.mangymooseacres.blogspot.com

Nuggets of advice for young writers in middle school and high school: Listen to your teachers. Get the basic skills mastered so you that you’re ready when you finally discover the true purpose in your life. You may not set out to be a writer, but you can bet you’ll find a passion that needs words expressed from your heart.